Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My first blog post ever!

I'm new at this blogging thing, so I thought I would give it a try. My name is Wendi. I got my blog name from a friend of mine that thought it was funny to have a pitchfork sticking out in my yard. Sad thing is, to me, it's normal.

This past weekend I went to Buffalo, NY for the 1st Annual Run for Row. My friend Andrea http://andreareneeremembers.blogspot.com/2009/08/next-couple-of-weeks.html lost her husband Matt tragically last November in a work accident. So many people came out to support Andrea, her children, and Matt's family. It was an amazing experience-going with 20 of my friends, some I'd never met in person before. Many of the girls were new to running, some of us planned to walk and even jogged (me!) and many cheered us on. I'm looking forward to next year already.

School started Tuesday for my oldest son, Wesley. He is in 6th grade. He wasn't very excited, but seems to be happy to be in a class with lots of his friends. My youngest son Jackson starts Kindergarten on Friday. I cannot believe it's here!! My baby, going on a school bus to school. Sigh. Where did the years go? This is the only year that my children will be in the same school.

I've been cleaning up around the house lately. Minimizing, you could say. I'm really determining what "things" are important to me, and what things are just taking up space in my home & in my life. I packed up the desktop computer and the behemoth computer desk is out in the yard for sale. Next up is the old stereo system and the entertainment center. I'm anxious for less clutter in my life.

Last Friday night I went out with my girlies to see Hair Razor. http://www.hairrazor.us/ They are an 80's coverband that plays songs from the hair band era. Two of the guys in the band went to high school with me, and have been playing together for years. They put on an excellent show, it really takes you back!!

This summer we planted a lot of corn and pumpkins with hopes of selling some. Well has it taken off!! We are selling corn so fast we cannot keep up. The boys are great at picking it. Wesley drives the tractor to the field pulling a little wagon with Jackson in it. They load up & bring it back to the table to sell. I am excited to pick pumpkins and sell them, but that would mean the summer is over.

Until next time!!

1 comment: